Skip to main content

Beauty Thursday: Lip and Skincare Products Haul


Since coming home from school I seem to have collected a number of new lip products, and one new skincare product. Granted 3 of these were free- and technically the other two were as well because my Mom paid for them... But regardless! They all magically snaked their way into my makeup bag in the first 2 days I was home. I have tried almost all of them, and they are all amazing and I would highly recommend them. 

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella: The perfect deep, matte red this lip pencil is now a firm favourite. It goes on smoothly and the opaque colour lasts all day, even with eating, etc. Although this is a matte finish I didn't find the formula drying, nor did it emphasize any of the lines on my lips. If you'd like to see what it looks like on, I'm wearing it in my last blog post which you can find here

Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien: Please no one ever ask me to pronounce this name, I'd like to think it's some cool exotic language like Icelandic... But to be honest I'm really not sure. The pencil itself is a pretty pink shade, very nice for everyday. It doesn't have the best lasting power, but because the colour is so close to my natural lip colour it didn't really bother me. It has a gorgeous satin finish, and looks nice with blue or grey clothes. 

NYX Cream Lipstick in Lousiana: This is the only product I haven't tried yet, it is a creamy lipstick and the colour is a super bright fuchsia. I like this shade because is not too coral/orangey and goes on like a dream. Swatched on my hand it looks amazing! So I may wear it tomorrow for a lunch date with my cousin. Bright lips are going to be a staple for me this summer as I only brought the basics in my makeup bag home with me., s to brighten up the neutrals there will be lots of colourful lips and eyeliners. 

NYX Cream Lipstick in Rose Thé: If you know me and my my makeup style, you will know that I am a lover of nude lipsticks. I have about 10 that by looking at them most people would claim to all be the same and this one would look no different. But I promise that it is! This lipstick is my absolute new favourite everyday lipstick. It is a perfect creamy pink, and it goes on like a dream. I`d highly recommend the lipsyicks from the NYX creamy range, they really are so nice to apply, and because they are so opaque you don`t need that much! I will definitely be wearing this lipstick a lot, so prepare to see it often coming up in my future outfit posts. 

Make Up For Ever Artist Plexi Gloss in 202 Sweet Pink: Does anyone else picture what eye shadow palette and other makeup they are going to wear with a lip product when they buy it? I got this lipstick as a 100 point perk at Sephora, and have only worn it once, but I know it will be perfect with my Naked2 palette in the winter (I only seem to wear that palette in the winter). It goes on as a sheer peavhy shade, and wears beautifully. It is not sticky or tacky, and it doesn't crease up in the corners of your mouth-something that irritates me to no end. 

Pure Dead Sea Lavendar Hand Cream: I will be the first to tell you that I am not normally a hand cream person, this is the first one that have ever actually liked enough to use again. It is luxurious and the smell is not too overpowering, it is nice, subtle, and lasts for ages. I haven't really seen a difference in my skin's softness, etc but I like using it all the same. It is also free of a bevvy of parabens so I feel okay about using it repeatedly on my skin.

Hope you are all enjoying the last day before the weekend! 

x Jess



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve Makeup: Kim Kardashian Style

New Year's Eve is the perfect day/night to sport sparkling silver eye makeup, and who better to look to than Kim Kardashian. Eyes: 1. Prep your eye with a base. Be it a cream shadow, a paint pot, or an actual eye shadow primer, it does not matter, it just gives the  eye shadow  and glitter something to adhere to. Jessie's Picks: Urban Decay Primer Potion. Mac Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Dangerous Cuvee. Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Eye Shadow in Galaxy. 2. Apply a matte grey eye shadow all over the lid. Jessie's Picks: Stila Eye Shadow in Diamond Lil. Nars Single Eye Shadow in Lhasa. 3. Using a flat eye shadow brush apply a subtle glitter all over your lid, don't worry if any falls on your skin, as you can wipe it away before you apply your foundation. Jessie's Picks:  Make Up For Ever Glitter in Silver 2. Mac Pigment in Silver Fog. 4. Take a black gel eye liner, and line your upper lash line, creating a flick. Jessie's Picks: Bobbi Brown Gel Eye Li

Fab February: Anna Edwin Makeup

Anna Edwin is a Norwegian blogger. She began her blog in 2009 and she blogs about everything from hair to bowling (well maybe not actually bowling). Her hair and makeup is always flawless, nice and bronzed.  So I thought it would be perfect for spring and to warm us all up. If you want to check out Anna's blog click  here  (her blog is obviously in Norwegian so you'll have to press the translate button). I searched her blog and tried to use the same products that she does. Let's get started on her makeup look! Face: 1. Start with your favourite face primer. Jessie's Picks: Too Faced Primed and Poreless Skin Smoothing Primer. Korres Greek Yoghurt Face Primer. 2. Next apply your concealer underneath your eyes and on any blemishes. Jessie's Picks: Mac Moisturecover Concealer. TheBalm Time Balm Concealer. 3. On a big fluffy face brush buff a matte powder foundation all over your face and down your neck. Jessie's Picks: Bare Mineral Matte Foundation Bro

Makeup Monday: Victoria Beckham Makeup Look

Victoria Beckham is a style icon, and personally one of my top fashion and beauty inspirations. Her fashion line boasts beautiful structure and lines. One half of Britain's "other royal family" Victoria rules the fashion world with an iron fist, having recently launched another successful denim and accessories line. Her makeup hasn't changed much from her Posh Spice days, it has only become more chic and polished. Her signature smokey eye and nude lip can be adapted for any event, outfit, day or night. Here is a lighter daytime version of her signature look that Victoria has been sporting more and more often. Face: 1. Victoria has oily skin so a primer is a must. Pop a little all over your face, making sure to blend down your neck. Jessie's Pick: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer 2. Smooth a cream foundation over your face, blending it down your neck. Jessie's Picks: Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation or Rimmel Match Perfection Cream Foundation. 3. Dot