Skip to main content

My Monat Skincare Routine



Welcome to one of my most requested blog posts: my skincare routine. One of my goals for April was to be consistent with my skincare routine! I've been using these products for about 8 weeks now, and feel like I know how they work for my skin now. All products are from Monat, they're vegan, plant based & sustainable. 


 Cleanser
I use this cleanser first thing in the morning and right after removing my makeup in the evening.  This is the Be Balanced Foaming Cleanser. It's for oily-combo skin, which is my skin type during the summer! It helps to purify your skin without stripping it, and I feel like my face is very clean after cleansing 

Essence
To prep my skin for serum, I use the Skin Revitalizing Essence. I put a few shakes into the palm of my hand, rub my hands together to warm it up and then press it into the skin. This essence helps to minimize your pores and helps your skin absorb the products you put on afterwards. 

Serum
I use two serums, one in the morning and one at night. 
Morning Serum: C-Radiance Vitamin C Serum. This helps to brighten your skin, minimize acnes scars and even tone with the Vitamin C in it. 
Evening Serum: Rewind Age Control Nectar. A plant based retinol, this targets fine lines, wrinkles and early signs of aging. I've noticed a huge reduction in my forehead lines since using this product consistently. 



Eye Cream
Before my moisturizer I'll apply my eye cream! I use the same one morning and night. Using my ring finger I tap a small amount of product underneath my eye and on to my brow bone. Then I use the little eye roller that the eye cream comes with, and roll it over my under eyes to help with puffiness and drainage. 

Moisturizer
I actually use my nighttime moisturizer for both morning and night, the Night Haven Overnight Moisturizer. It has a thicker texture, gives me the hydration I need, but absorbs quickly and sits well under makeup. It does have a slight scent to it, but nothing overpowering and it dissipates very quickly. 




 Makeup Remover
I use the Makeup Vanishing Balm to remove my makeup. It starts off as a balm, then melts into an oil which you can rinse with water or wipe off with a wash cloth. This is the only cleansing balm that actually removes all of my eye makeup. I used to wake up with mascara smudged underneath my eyes no matter how much I tried to remove my makeup before bed. Now that no longer happens! It gets every stitch of eye makeup off. 


You can buy all of the products via this link. If you sign up as a VIP you'll receive 40% off your purchases + free shipping. All products are also available at the regular retail price. 

(please note that when you buy via this link, I'll make a small commission from your sale at no added cost to you)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve Makeup: Kim Kardashian Style

New Year's Eve is the perfect day/night to sport sparkling silver eye makeup, and who better to look to than Kim Kardashian. Eyes: 1. Prep your eye with a base. Be it a cream shadow, a paint pot, or an actual eye shadow primer, it does not matter, it just gives the  eye shadow  and glitter something to adhere to. Jessie's Picks: Urban Decay Primer Potion. Mac Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Dangerous Cuvee. Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Eye Shadow in Galaxy. 2. Apply a matte grey eye shadow all over the lid. Jessie's Picks: Stila Eye Shadow in Diamond Lil. Nars Single Eye Shadow in Lhasa. 3. Using a flat eye shadow brush apply a subtle glitter all over your lid, don't worry if any falls on your skin, as you can wipe it away before you apply your foundation. Jessie's Picks:  Make Up For Ever Glitter in Silver 2. Mac Pigment in Silver Fog. 4. Take a black gel eye liner, and line your upper lash line, creating a flick. Jessie's Picks: Bobbi Brown Gel Eye Li

Fab February: Anna Edwin Makeup

Anna Edwin is a Norwegian blogger. She began her blog in 2009 and she blogs about everything from hair to bowling (well maybe not actually bowling). Her hair and makeup is always flawless, nice and bronzed.  So I thought it would be perfect for spring and to warm us all up. If you want to check out Anna's blog click  here  (her blog is obviously in Norwegian so you'll have to press the translate button). I searched her blog and tried to use the same products that she does. Let's get started on her makeup look! Face: 1. Start with your favourite face primer. Jessie's Picks: Too Faced Primed and Poreless Skin Smoothing Primer. Korres Greek Yoghurt Face Primer. 2. Next apply your concealer underneath your eyes and on any blemishes. Jessie's Picks: Mac Moisturecover Concealer. TheBalm Time Balm Concealer. 3. On a big fluffy face brush buff a matte powder foundation all over your face and down your neck. Jessie's Picks: Bare Mineral Matte Foundation Bro

Makeup Monday: Victoria Beckham Makeup Look

Victoria Beckham is a style icon, and personally one of my top fashion and beauty inspirations. Her fashion line boasts beautiful structure and lines. One half of Britain's "other royal family" Victoria rules the fashion world with an iron fist, having recently launched another successful denim and accessories line. Her makeup hasn't changed much from her Posh Spice days, it has only become more chic and polished. Her signature smokey eye and nude lip can be adapted for any event, outfit, day or night. Here is a lighter daytime version of her signature look that Victoria has been sporting more and more often. Face: 1. Victoria has oily skin so a primer is a must. Pop a little all over your face, making sure to blend down your neck. Jessie's Pick: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer 2. Smooth a cream foundation over your face, blending it down your neck. Jessie's Picks: Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation or Rimmel Match Perfection Cream Foundation. 3. Dot