Skip to main content

February Favourites 2015


Welcome to my February favourites and my first favourites post of 2015! I actually didn't buy any beauty related items in February, so there are just products that I have had for a while and thought that it was about time I get my moneys worth.

Favourites this month: 

Nivea Creme- This is a super thick moisturizer, rumoured to be used by the Duchess of Cambridge, and it great if you have dry or dehydrated skin. Skin tends to lose its moisture in the winter, as well as during the changes of season. This moisturizer was $1.50 at Target, and you get quite a bit of product. A little goes a long way, it keeps your skin moisturized, and is a great base for makeup. 

Revlon Colourstay Concealer in 02 Light- I picked this concealer up in 2 shades 02 Light and 04 Medium that way I don't have to purchase another concealer once I start to get a little more tan. This is a very thin formula but with great coverage. I really like it on blemishes, and initially I didn't like it under my eyes as I didn't think it covered dark circles that well, however I've recently discovered that if I blend it in with a flat foundation brush, that the finish is flawless! This concealer photographs really well and it has great lasting power. 

Benefit Hoola Bronzer- No wonder this is a cult classic! This is the perfect contouring powder for fair skin. It creates a really natural contour and doesn't look orange or muddy. It lasts a longtime and super pigmented so you don't need a lot of product. It's great! That's all I can really say.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Eyeshadow Quad- This was my favourite palette all of February! It was the only one that I brought home with me for reading week and I love it. The colours are smooth, pigmented, and don't fade throughout the day. I use a Mac Paint Pot as a base, and the eyeshadows don't crease. Unfortunately you can't buy this product anymore as I did purchase it over 3 years ago, and I think it was limited edition.

Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia- This was my go-to perfume all month long. It is a fresh aquatic scent and is inspired by the Mediterranean Sea. I tend to flit in between scents but this one was what I reached for most. I guess I just wanted to be somewhere warm and exotic like Greece! The packaging is quite heavy and glass so I have to be extra careful not to drop it, but other than that it is perfect.

Those are all of my favourites for the month of February.

xx
Jess


Watch the video here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve Makeup: Kim Kardashian Style

New Year's Eve is the perfect day/night to sport sparkling silver eye makeup, and who better to look to than Kim Kardashian. Eyes: 1. Prep your eye with a base. Be it a cream shadow, a paint pot, or an actual eye shadow primer, it does not matter, it just gives the  eye shadow  and glitter something to adhere to. Jessie's Picks: Urban Decay Primer Potion. Mac Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Dangerous Cuvee. Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Eye Shadow in Galaxy. 2. Apply a matte grey eye shadow all over the lid. Jessie's Picks: Stila Eye Shadow in Diamond Lil. Nars Single Eye Shadow in Lhasa. 3. Using a flat eye shadow brush apply a subtle glitter all over your lid, don't worry if any falls on your skin, as you can wipe it away before you apply your foundation. Jessie's Picks:  Make Up For Ever Glitter in Silver 2. Mac Pigment in Silver Fog. 4. Take a black gel eye liner, and line your upper lash line, creating a flick. Jessie's Picks: Bobbi Brown Gel Eye Li

Fab February: Anna Edwin Makeup

Anna Edwin is a Norwegian blogger. She began her blog in 2009 and she blogs about everything from hair to bowling (well maybe not actually bowling). Her hair and makeup is always flawless, nice and bronzed.  So I thought it would be perfect for spring and to warm us all up. If you want to check out Anna's blog click  here  (her blog is obviously in Norwegian so you'll have to press the translate button). I searched her blog and tried to use the same products that she does. Let's get started on her makeup look! Face: 1. Start with your favourite face primer. Jessie's Picks: Too Faced Primed and Poreless Skin Smoothing Primer. Korres Greek Yoghurt Face Primer. 2. Next apply your concealer underneath your eyes and on any blemishes. Jessie's Picks: Mac Moisturecover Concealer. TheBalm Time Balm Concealer. 3. On a big fluffy face brush buff a matte powder foundation all over your face and down your neck. Jessie's Picks: Bare Mineral Matte Foundation Bro

Makeup Monday: Victoria Beckham Makeup Look

Victoria Beckham is a style icon, and personally one of my top fashion and beauty inspirations. Her fashion line boasts beautiful structure and lines. One half of Britain's "other royal family" Victoria rules the fashion world with an iron fist, having recently launched another successful denim and accessories line. Her makeup hasn't changed much from her Posh Spice days, it has only become more chic and polished. Her signature smokey eye and nude lip can be adapted for any event, outfit, day or night. Here is a lighter daytime version of her signature look that Victoria has been sporting more and more often. Face: 1. Victoria has oily skin so a primer is a must. Pop a little all over your face, making sure to blend down your neck. Jessie's Pick: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer 2. Smooth a cream foundation over your face, blending it down your neck. Jessie's Picks: Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation or Rimmel Match Perfection Cream Foundation. 3. Dot