Skip to main content

Blogmas Day 10: What's in My Makeup Bag? Winter 2013

Pictures to come.....

What's in my makeup bag winter 2013! The prducts in my makeup bag have somewhat stabilized since the seaon turn over, and I have now being wearing the same makeup look for about a month (I will write another  blog post using these products). Here are the items in my makeup bag, I will try and go a in some sort of order....

Face:
1. Hourglass No 28 Primer Serum. This is my HG primer and facial serum. It is not oily, it hydrates your skin, and gives your skin a beautiful glow. I wear this on its own or under my foundation.

2. Mac Studio Tech Foundation in NC25. I wear this foundation on days wear I need more coverage, or if I know my photo is going to be taken, and I want my skin to look flawless but not cakey.

3. Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in 115. I like this foundation because it very sheer coverage and a very dewy finish. This is my everyday foundation. When I set it with a powder and/or a setting spray it lasts all day, and it does not cling to any dry patches. Beware if you have oily skin, because the dewiness may be too much. But if you have normal to dry skin I strongly recommend this foundation. It reminds me a lot of the Nars Sheer Glow (which I have as well and use in the summer).

4. Clinique Airbrush Concealer in Neutral Fair. I use this concealer under my eyes as it is an illuminating concealer. It works great, and it has been a favourite for about 3 years now.

5. Maybelline Super Stay Concealer in Cream. I learned about this concealer from Anna Saccone's blog (I'll link it at the bottom). It works amazing on blemishes and anything else you would want to cover up.

6.  Rimmel London Natural Bronzer in Sun Bronze. I love this as a contouring bronzer, it is matte and not too orangey or red.

7. Yves Rocher Luminelle Powder Blush in 51 Rose Gourmandise. I believe this is a purely Canadian brand, but it is all natural, and the perfect shade of peach. It is similar to Nars' Orgasm blush but with less gold to it.

8. Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder Oil Free in 101 Invisible Matte. This is the most amazing setting powder because it is not completely matte, but it takes away the shine on your face. It creates a more natural looking finish to your skin.

9. Benefit HighBeam. I use the highlighter everyday, it is truly "a model in a bottle".

Eyes:
1. Clinique Eye Shadow Quad in Choco-Latte. This is the perfect set of nudes, and it has been a favourite for about 3 1/2 years. It wears all day, and does not crease.

2. Avon Glimmer Sticks in Black, Grey, and Green. I wear these in my waterline and they don't budge. However I have heard they are not great if you wear contact lenses.

3. Clinique Kohl Shaper for Eyes in Black Coffee. This is a dark matte brown that goes really nicely with eye shadows, as well as on its own.

4. Stila Sat All Day Waterproof Eye Liner in Black. This the only liquid eye liner I use, and it easily makes both thick and thin lines.

5. Covergirl LashBlast Fusion. This mascara combines mega volume with a little bit of length which I really like. I prefer volume over length.


Lip:
1. Clinique Lip Liner in Bamboo. This is a burgundy colour that matches my Clinique lip gloss perfectly. It is smooth, creamy, and easy to use.

2. Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Pencil in Rose Quartz. I love this lip pencil and I wear it on its own, it is a spicy rose colour.

3. Yves Rocher Lip Liner in Rose. Just your basic nude pink lip pencil.

4. Lip Sticks/Glosses:
Rimmel Lasting Finish Lip Stick in Airy Fairy
Rimmel Lasting Finish Lip Stick in Paradise
Clinique Full Potential Lips Plump and Shine Lip Gloss in Glamour-Full
Mac Matte Lip Stick in Velvet Teddy
Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee
Lancome L'Absolu Rouge in Mahogany

That's Everything! It's a pretty stuffed makeup bag. Hope you enjoyed this post! What are your favourite beauty products?

Anna Saccone Blog: www.annasaccone.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve Makeup: Kim Kardashian Style

New Year's Eve is the perfect day/night to sport sparkling silver eye makeup, and who better to look to than Kim Kardashian. Eyes: 1. Prep your eye with a base. Be it a cream shadow, a paint pot, or an actual eye shadow primer, it does not matter, it just gives the  eye shadow  and glitter something to adhere to. Jessie's Picks: Urban Decay Primer Potion. Mac Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Dangerous Cuvee. Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Eye Shadow in Galaxy. 2. Apply a matte grey eye shadow all over the lid. Jessie's Picks: Stila Eye Shadow in Diamond Lil. Nars Single Eye Shadow in Lhasa. 3. Using a flat eye shadow brush apply a subtle glitter all over your lid, don't worry if any falls on your skin, as you can wipe it away before you apply your foundation. Jessie's Picks:  Make Up For Ever Glitter in Silver 2. Mac Pigment in Silver Fog. 4. Take a black gel eye liner, and line your upper lash line, creating a flick. Jessie's Picks: Bobbi Brown Gel Eye Li

Fab February: Anna Edwin Makeup

Anna Edwin is a Norwegian blogger. She began her blog in 2009 and she blogs about everything from hair to bowling (well maybe not actually bowling). Her hair and makeup is always flawless, nice and bronzed.  So I thought it would be perfect for spring and to warm us all up. If you want to check out Anna's blog click  here  (her blog is obviously in Norwegian so you'll have to press the translate button). I searched her blog and tried to use the same products that she does. Let's get started on her makeup look! Face: 1. Start with your favourite face primer. Jessie's Picks: Too Faced Primed and Poreless Skin Smoothing Primer. Korres Greek Yoghurt Face Primer. 2. Next apply your concealer underneath your eyes and on any blemishes. Jessie's Picks: Mac Moisturecover Concealer. TheBalm Time Balm Concealer. 3. On a big fluffy face brush buff a matte powder foundation all over your face and down your neck. Jessie's Picks: Bare Mineral Matte Foundation Bro

Makeup Monday: Victoria Beckham Makeup Look

Victoria Beckham is a style icon, and personally one of my top fashion and beauty inspirations. Her fashion line boasts beautiful structure and lines. One half of Britain's "other royal family" Victoria rules the fashion world with an iron fist, having recently launched another successful denim and accessories line. Her makeup hasn't changed much from her Posh Spice days, it has only become more chic and polished. Her signature smokey eye and nude lip can be adapted for any event, outfit, day or night. Here is a lighter daytime version of her signature look that Victoria has been sporting more and more often. Face: 1. Victoria has oily skin so a primer is a must. Pop a little all over your face, making sure to blend down your neck. Jessie's Pick: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer 2. Smooth a cream foundation over your face, blending it down your neck. Jessie's Picks: Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation or Rimmel Match Perfection Cream Foundation. 3. Dot