Skip to main content

Blogmas Day 15: My Daily Makeup Look

Jessica Alba actress hair hairstyle makeupMiranda Kerrlove this ombre look so much!
My daily makeup look is quick, and simple (in my opinion) and it leaves me looking polished and feeling confident. It is a little bit Jessica Alba, a little bit Miranda Kerr, and a little bit Anna Saccone. Alright so here we go:

Face:
1. I start with my Hourglass No 28 Primer Serum and I smooth it on with my clean fingers. I then go and do my hair to give it time to sink into my skin.
2. Then on a Real Techniques Buffing Brush, I take my Maybelline Fit Me Foundation, and I buff that all over my face, over my ears, and down my neck.
3. Under my eyes, I then blend my Clinique  Airbrush Concealer using my ring finger. I then pat my Maybelline 24hr Super Stay Concealer over any blemishes or acne scars that are still visible through my foundation.
4.  On an angled blush brush I contour my face using my Rimmel bronzer.
5. Using the same brush I apply my Yves Rocher blush just along my cheekbone, avoiding the apples of my cheeks.
6. I then take Benefit HighBeam, and apply two swipes on top of each cheekbone, one swipe down my nose, and another on top of my cupids bow. I blend that in using my ring finger.
7. Finally I set my makeup with my Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder.

Eyes:
1. I start with the second lightest shade from the Clinique Eye Shadow quad, and I apply it in a wash all over my eye lid. Next, I take the medium brown shade and blend it through my crease and slightly up onto my brow bone. I then take the darkest shade in the quad and use it to deepen my crease, and darken the outer corner.
2. Next I run the Clinique Eye Kohl in Black coffee across my top lash line.
3. On a small eye liner brush, I take the darkest shade and blend it into the line I just drew with the eye liner, as well as along my lower lash line. On days when I want a little more drama or definition, instead of the brown eye liner, I line my top lash line with Stila's Stay All Day Liquid Eye Liner in black. I Apply it in quite a thick line with a slight flick.
4. I then tight line my upper lash line with a black eye liner. And I run the green Avon eye liner along my lower waterline and inner rim.
5. Finally, I apply 2 coats of my CoverGirl LashBlast Mascara.
6. On my brows I just apply a little tinted brow gel.

Lips:
1. I apply some Smith's Rosebud Salve and then on top of that, I swipe on one of five lip products: Rimmel Lasting Finish Lip Stick in Airy Fairy
Rimmel Lasting Finish Lip Stick in Paradise
Clinique Full Potential Lips Plump and Shine Lip Gloss in Glamour-Full
Mac Matte Lip Stick in Velvet Teddy
Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee
What I choose really depends on how I'm feeling that day, all of the products are a neutral colour and go with anything. 

That's it! It usually takes me about 10 minutes however I can get it down to about 6 if I am really in a hurry. 
For a list of all of the products in my makeup bag, and the full names of the products that I use everyday, just head over to my Blogmas Day 10: What's in my Makeup Bag? Winter 2013.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve Makeup: Kim Kardashian Style

New Year's Eve is the perfect day/night to sport sparkling silver eye makeup, and who better to look to than Kim Kardashian. Eyes: 1. Prep your eye with a base. Be it a cream shadow, a paint pot, or an actual eye shadow primer, it does not matter, it just gives the  eye shadow  and glitter something to adhere to. Jessie's Picks: Urban Decay Primer Potion. Mac Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Dangerous Cuvee. Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Eye Shadow in Galaxy. 2. Apply a matte grey eye shadow all over the lid. Jessie's Picks: Stila Eye Shadow in Diamond Lil. Nars Single Eye Shadow in Lhasa. 3. Using a flat eye shadow brush apply a subtle glitter all over your lid, don't worry if any falls on your skin, as you can wipe it away before you apply your foundation. Jessie's Picks:  Make Up For Ever Glitter in Silver 2. Mac Pigment in Silver Fog. 4. Take a black gel eye liner, and line your upper lash line, creating a flick. Jessie's Picks: Bobbi Brown Gel Eye Li

Fab February: Anna Edwin Makeup

Anna Edwin is a Norwegian blogger. She began her blog in 2009 and she blogs about everything from hair to bowling (well maybe not actually bowling). Her hair and makeup is always flawless, nice and bronzed.  So I thought it would be perfect for spring and to warm us all up. If you want to check out Anna's blog click  here  (her blog is obviously in Norwegian so you'll have to press the translate button). I searched her blog and tried to use the same products that she does. Let's get started on her makeup look! Face: 1. Start with your favourite face primer. Jessie's Picks: Too Faced Primed and Poreless Skin Smoothing Primer. Korres Greek Yoghurt Face Primer. 2. Next apply your concealer underneath your eyes and on any blemishes. Jessie's Picks: Mac Moisturecover Concealer. TheBalm Time Balm Concealer. 3. On a big fluffy face brush buff a matte powder foundation all over your face and down your neck. Jessie's Picks: Bare Mineral Matte Foundation Bro

Makeup Monday: Victoria Beckham Makeup Look

Victoria Beckham is a style icon, and personally one of my top fashion and beauty inspirations. Her fashion line boasts beautiful structure and lines. One half of Britain's "other royal family" Victoria rules the fashion world with an iron fist, having recently launched another successful denim and accessories line. Her makeup hasn't changed much from her Posh Spice days, it has only become more chic and polished. Her signature smokey eye and nude lip can be adapted for any event, outfit, day or night. Here is a lighter daytime version of her signature look that Victoria has been sporting more and more often. Face: 1. Victoria has oily skin so a primer is a must. Pop a little all over your face, making sure to blend down your neck. Jessie's Pick: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer 2. Smooth a cream foundation over your face, blending it down your neck. Jessie's Picks: Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation or Rimmel Match Perfection Cream Foundation. 3. Dot