Skip to main content

Fab February: Chignon Tutorial

Victoria Beckham Classic Bun - Victoria Beckham Looks - StyleBistro

It's official! Paris Fashion Week has begun and just in time. Welcome to the final chapter of my Paris inspired makeup, fashion, and hair trilogy! Today's hair style: the chignon, is inspired by the above photo of Victoria Beckham. I know she is not French nor was this picture taken in Paris, but the chignon is an incredibly popular hair style and this is just my favourite one. Let's add a little spice to the Paris series (get it spice, as in Spice Girls...)

Products Needed:
-Heat Protectant
- Curling Wand/Iron
- Hair Ties
- Bobby Pins
- Hair Spray


1. Start with dry hair. You can wash your hair the night before or work with second day hair. If your hair feels a little greasy just add a little bit of dry shampoo to your roots.

2. Spray your hair with a heat protectant making sure to get all the way to the ends of the hair.

3. Loosely curl your hair using your curling wand or curling iron. Don't worry if you don't get every single piece because you are just adding texture.

4. Take a hair tie and string two bobby pins on it, to create a make shift bungee hairtie. Looks like this:
Picture Courtesy of gemskee.blogspot.com
5. Starting from just above your ears pull back your hair and gather it at the nape of your neck. 

6. Take your new makeshift bungee hair tie and insert one of the bobby pins into your hair. Wrap the hair tie around the hair to create a low ponytail and secure it using the other bobby pin. (If it makes it easier, forget the whole bungee hair tie thing and just use a regular hair tie secure the low ponytail)

7. Twist your ponytail, until it twists back on itself, creating a low bun. Secure with bobby pins.

8. Now pull out the hair and loosen up the bun. 

9. Secure any stray strands or loose sections with bobby pins.

10. Spray your bun with hairspray.

Voila! Vous avez fini!! This is a super chic and posh hairstyle that can be worn everyday and can be glammed up for a more formal event. 


Si vous voulez que je commencerai à écrire en français et en anglais s'il vous plaît laissez-moi savoir dans les commentaires, au Twitter ou par courriel.




xx

JD


Twitter: @jessicadonna_
Email: jessicadonna96@gmail.com

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fab February: Paris Inspired Makeup Look

Welcome to today's Fab February! For my next Hair, Makeup, and Outfit series I will be doing all Paris/French themed looks! French women are considered some the most beautiful in the world, and this look is inspired by French beauties such as Marion Cotillard and Clemence Poesy. Let's get started: Face: 1. Start by spritzing your freshly cleansed face with a vitamin infused face mist. Jessie's Picks: Avene Facial Mist. Kora Organics Balancing Face Mist. 2. Next take a deep moisturizer and blend it into your skin. Jessie's Picks: Nivea Moisturizing Day Cream. Embryollisse Lait Creme Concentre. 3. Take a cream bronzer and apply it to wherever the sun naturally hits your face. Blend out well using your fingers or a buffing brush. Jessie's Picks: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Bronce. Benefot Cosmetics Sun Beam.  4. On a big fluffy powder brush dust a luminous loose powder foundation all over your face and down your neck. Jessie's Picks: R...

Fab February: Makeup Wishlist/To-Do List for 2014

For today's Fab February post I thought I would post my makeup wishlist in honour of "Wishful Wednesday".... Yes, I just made that up.... Basically this post is of all the beauty related products that I would like to purchase or try in 2014. Kind of an odd post, but I have read a number of posts like this and I have always found them a useful forum. So if you have tried any of these products or have products that you want to try out in 2014 feel free to comment! 1. Nars Laguna Bronzing Powder . I have heard so much about this bronzer and I think that after my Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer runs out this will be my next bronzer purchase. 2. Clinique Cheek Pop Blush in Plum Pop. I have a feeling this blush is going to become my go to for the spring and summer. It looks like a grogeous plum shade which would be perfect for my light-medium cool toned complexion. 3. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. I am already in love with the original Naked Palette, and I just kn...

Anna Saccone Inspired Makeup

(Courtesy of annasaccone.com) Anna Saccone is the most subscribed to female Irish youtuber, the author of "The Style Diet", and 1/4 of the SacconeJoly's YouTube reality show. She also had incredible style and makeup, and so today's post is my take on my favourite of her daily makeup looks, which is very natural but polished. I loved her makeup back in July of 2013 and so that is mostly the look I am going to try and recreate.  Face: 1. Take a full coverage concealer, and dot it under your eyes, on any blemishes, or acne scars. Anna has oily, acne prone skin, and so using a heavier concealer means she can get away with wearing a lighter foundation.  Anna likes Maybelline 24hr SuperStay Concealer or Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer. I used Rimmel 2 in 1 Highlighter and Concealer .  2. Blend a light BB cream or tinted moisturizer all over your face and neck. Anna likes Mac Studio Tint or Maybellline Dream Fresh BB Cream. I used Maybelline Dream ...