Skip to main content

February Favourites 2014




Welcome to my first ever monthly favourites! I was actually planning on doing a January favourites but by the time I got around to it it was already almost the 7th of January I thought it was probably a bit too late. So this is the official Beauty DotFashionSpot first! Because it is still incredibly cold here in Canada and was for the entire month of February, most of my products are hair care and skin care related products. I hope you enjoy this post and try out a few of these products!

My first product is Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Intensely Smooth Leave-in Conditioning Cream. This is a very thick and creamy leave in conditioner which almost feels more like a balm. It isn't greasy or heavy it just melts right into your hair and helps keep it moisturized. I find the ends of my hair get really dry and this product has actually prevented them from getting as crispy as usual. 

Clean and Clear Morning Glow Moisturizer SPF 15. This is what I have been using as a primer for the whole month of February. It gives a skin a really nice glow because it has little sparkles in it. It helps revive my dull dry skin and creates a nice base for my tinted moisturizer to cling to. I would highly recommend this moisturizer if you have dry or combination skin. It may be a bit too dewy for oily skin. It does have a strong citrus smell but the smell does not linger for too long. 

Johnson's Vanilla Oatmeal Baby Lotion. This lotion is so nice! It is super moisturizing and smells really yummy! It is made for babies so it is gentle and perfect for dry sensitive skin. I use this daily, and when I need a really deep moisturizing I use Vaseline Cocoa Butter moisturizer. 

Another hair product! Pantene Medium-Thick Straighten and Smooth Creme. I don't have thick hair, but I have a lot of hair so when I blow dry it I use this cream from root to tip to help combat any frizzies and heat damage. This product definitely makes your hair soft and smooth and it lasts between washes. It can also be used on dry hair and it does not make your hair look greasy or weigh it down (which is a huge issue for my fine hair).

Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick. My favourite bold lip colour ever! This vibrant fuchsia is perfect for spring, and is what I turn to when I want to livin up my outfit. The balmy texture keeps your lips from looking dry, and the stain lasts all day. You can also reapply it without having to worry about having a different colour in a ring around the outside of your lips (does that happen to just me). 

This would not be a favourites post without my Urban Decay Naked Palette. There has not been a day since December 25th when I have not used at least one shade from this palette. All of the colours are so versatile, and the pigmentation means you get a lot out of a little. Definitely my most favourite favourite. 
I hope you enjoyed this! Let me know what your February Favourites were. Happy March!

xx
JD



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve Makeup: Kim Kardashian Style

New Year's Eve is the perfect day/night to sport sparkling silver eye makeup, and who better to look to than Kim Kardashian. Eyes: 1. Prep your eye with a base. Be it a cream shadow, a paint pot, or an actual eye shadow primer, it does not matter, it just gives the  eye shadow  and glitter something to adhere to. Jessie's Picks: Urban Decay Primer Potion. Mac Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Dangerous Cuvee. Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Eye Shadow in Galaxy. 2. Apply a matte grey eye shadow all over the lid. Jessie's Picks: Stila Eye Shadow in Diamond Lil. Nars Single Eye Shadow in Lhasa. 3. Using a flat eye shadow brush apply a subtle glitter all over your lid, don't worry if any falls on your skin, as you can wipe it away before you apply your foundation. Jessie's Picks:  Make Up For Ever Glitter in Silver 2. Mac Pigment in Silver Fog. 4. Take a black gel eye liner, and line your upper lash line, creating a flick. Jessie's Picks: Bobbi Brown Gel Eye Li

Fab February: Anna Edwin Makeup

Anna Edwin is a Norwegian blogger. She began her blog in 2009 and she blogs about everything from hair to bowling (well maybe not actually bowling). Her hair and makeup is always flawless, nice and bronzed.  So I thought it would be perfect for spring and to warm us all up. If you want to check out Anna's blog click  here  (her blog is obviously in Norwegian so you'll have to press the translate button). I searched her blog and tried to use the same products that she does. Let's get started on her makeup look! Face: 1. Start with your favourite face primer. Jessie's Picks: Too Faced Primed and Poreless Skin Smoothing Primer. Korres Greek Yoghurt Face Primer. 2. Next apply your concealer underneath your eyes and on any blemishes. Jessie's Picks: Mac Moisturecover Concealer. TheBalm Time Balm Concealer. 3. On a big fluffy face brush buff a matte powder foundation all over your face and down your neck. Jessie's Picks: Bare Mineral Matte Foundation Bro

Makeup Monday: Victoria Beckham Makeup Look

Victoria Beckham is a style icon, and personally one of my top fashion and beauty inspirations. Her fashion line boasts beautiful structure and lines. One half of Britain's "other royal family" Victoria rules the fashion world with an iron fist, having recently launched another successful denim and accessories line. Her makeup hasn't changed much from her Posh Spice days, it has only become more chic and polished. Her signature smokey eye and nude lip can be adapted for any event, outfit, day or night. Here is a lighter daytime version of her signature look that Victoria has been sporting more and more often. Face: 1. Victoria has oily skin so a primer is a must. Pop a little all over your face, making sure to blend down your neck. Jessie's Pick: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer 2. Smooth a cream foundation over your face, blending it down your neck. Jessie's Picks: Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation or Rimmel Match Perfection Cream Foundation. 3. Dot