Skip to main content

Must Have Mac Products

This is going to be the first post a series about the best products from different brands both drugstore as well as high-end/department store. So first let's start off with Mac! This brand is definitely one my favourite makeup brands, but only for a few select products. In no  particular order these are my favourite products by Mac:

1. Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation. I have this in the shade C4, and I use it all summer long. This powder foundation can give you anywhere from sheer to full coverage. I find that I can pile it on and not look cakey, it won't wear off throughout the day, and if I spritz it with Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray, it just looks like skin. Amazing, amazing product!


2.  Mac Studio Tech Foundation. This is an amazing foundation to wear if you are being photographed, or if you are looking for a cream to powder foundation that blends like a dream. This is a medium coverage foundation, and it covers most acne scars, dark marks, and spots. I love wearing this in the winter because it is nice, creamy, and moisturizing.


3. Mac Eye Shadow in Naked Lunch and Wedge. When I go away, these are the only 2 eye shadows that I bring with me. Naked Lunch is shimmery so it is perfect for a highlight, or an all over lid colour. Wedge is matte and you can wear in the crease, as a wash, or under the eye as a slight liner.Both have great pigmentation, last all day, and  don't crease. If these were the only 2 eye shadows left on earth, I'd be fine with that.

4.  Mac Matte Lip Stick in Velvet Teddy. This is literally just a taupe lip stick, but it looks amazing when I am pale in the winter or tanned in the summer. I especially love it for fall, and summer evenings. It is creamy, matte, and lasts for ages. It does not wear into that awkward lip stick line, or in the corners of your mouth (Yuck!). This is my favourite lip stick shade from Mac.

If you are ever near a Mac store a definitely recommend taking a look at these products. Next up Clinique!

Make sure to come chat with me on:
Twitter: @jessicadonna_
Instagram: jessicakinnari
Pinterest: jessicadonna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fab February: Paris Inspired Makeup Look

Welcome to today's Fab February! For my next Hair, Makeup, and Outfit series I will be doing all Paris/French themed looks! French women are considered some the most beautiful in the world, and this look is inspired by French beauties such as Marion Cotillard and Clemence Poesy. Let's get started: Face: 1. Start by spritzing your freshly cleansed face with a vitamin infused face mist. Jessie's Picks: Avene Facial Mist. Kora Organics Balancing Face Mist. 2. Next take a deep moisturizer and blend it into your skin. Jessie's Picks: Nivea Moisturizing Day Cream. Embryollisse Lait Creme Concentre. 3. Take a cream bronzer and apply it to wherever the sun naturally hits your face. Blend out well using your fingers or a buffing brush. Jessie's Picks: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Bronce. Benefot Cosmetics Sun Beam.  4. On a big fluffy powder brush dust a luminous loose powder foundation all over your face and down your neck. Jessie's Picks: R...

Fab February: Makeup Wishlist/To-Do List for 2014

For today's Fab February post I thought I would post my makeup wishlist in honour of "Wishful Wednesday".... Yes, I just made that up.... Basically this post is of all the beauty related products that I would like to purchase or try in 2014. Kind of an odd post, but I have read a number of posts like this and I have always found them a useful forum. So if you have tried any of these products or have products that you want to try out in 2014 feel free to comment! 1. Nars Laguna Bronzing Powder . I have heard so much about this bronzer and I think that after my Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer runs out this will be my next bronzer purchase. 2. Clinique Cheek Pop Blush in Plum Pop. I have a feeling this blush is going to become my go to for the spring and summer. It looks like a grogeous plum shade which would be perfect for my light-medium cool toned complexion. 3. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. I am already in love with the original Naked Palette, and I just kn...

Anna Saccone Inspired Makeup

(Courtesy of annasaccone.com) Anna Saccone is the most subscribed to female Irish youtuber, the author of "The Style Diet", and 1/4 of the SacconeJoly's YouTube reality show. She also had incredible style and makeup, and so today's post is my take on my favourite of her daily makeup looks, which is very natural but polished. I loved her makeup back in July of 2013 and so that is mostly the look I am going to try and recreate.  Face: 1. Take a full coverage concealer, and dot it under your eyes, on any blemishes, or acne scars. Anna has oily, acne prone skin, and so using a heavier concealer means she can get away with wearing a lighter foundation.  Anna likes Maybelline 24hr SuperStay Concealer or Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer. I used Rimmel 2 in 1 Highlighter and Concealer .  2. Blend a light BB cream or tinted moisturizer all over your face and neck. Anna likes Mac Studio Tint or Maybellline Dream Fresh BB Cream. I used Maybelline Dream ...